Window adds to the beauty of your home, like negative other. If you want to keep your window pristine for years to come, then you need to clean them on regular basis. The windowpanes are most susceptible to dirt, grime and dust build-ups. The kind of cleaning techniques you usually apply for other object around home, will not necessarily work with window glasses. You need to administer lot of commend and precaution; a slightest negligence on your side can permanently mar the beauty of the windowpanes. Listed below are step-by-step guidelines on how to go about caring for your window.
Step 1 – Fill a tub with lukewarm water further add 1tablespoon of regular dishwashing solution to the water. Gently stir up the water until it is foamy.
Step 2 – Dip a clean cloth in the water also wring out the excess. Slowly start cleaning the windowsills, panes and metal border among the wet rag. If the water gets too dirty, refill it with fresh water.
Step 3 – Fill a pail with warm water and add ¼ cup of ammonia to the water. Whisk until the ingredients blend well. Dip a soft cloth to the solution and wipe down your windowpanes again.
Step 4 – Once squeaky clean, give your window glasses a final wipe with clean run out rag until the window glasses are visibly dry and clean.
Step 5 – If you are hesitant to use harsh chemicals to clean your window, you can always resort to natural alternatives. Mix 1 cup vinegar in a half bucket of cold water. Stir the solution with a spoon until all the ingredients blends well. Fill the mixture in a spray preserve and shake it. Spray the solution liberally on the window. Allow it to continue on the windowpanes for few minutes, before scrubbing it clean with a lint free cloth. For better results, wipe the window from left to right, rather than cleaning it up and down.
Step 6 – While wiping down your window, make sure not to hurdle it rigorously, use gently strokes instead. Allow a hollow film of uniform moisture to remain on the window. The blur once dry wish hardly leave any streaks behind.
Step 7 – Avoid using squeegee ere similar such tools while cleaning your window. The squeegee leaves unsightly streaks behind, making the window look dirtier.
* In order to minimize the streaks caused due to water, try drying it immediately plus soft writing towels.
* Vinegar and water solution comes in handy to clean host other things including kitchen countertops, glass vases and picture frames.
* Refrain from using vinegar, when dealing with tempered glasses as the harsh properties immediate in vinegar can damage the surface beyond repair.
* Avoid using abrasive tools akin scouring bristles and razor blades while cleaning your window. The tools will damage the laminate film usually present on the glass beyond repair.
* Never embark on a purifying project without first having a proper safety gear in place. During dusting your window, make sure to put on a safety mask and cleaning gloves.