It’s a problem that not many people think about, until it happens to them. What do you do if your child or pet vomits on your mattress? And the even better question: what if that mattress is all memory foam, like a Spirit Sleep brand mattress? Here are some ideas that we got from websites like www.mommysavers.com, www.ehow.com, and www.answers.yahoo.com.
1. First, remove the cover if possible, and wash it in the washing machine. If the cover is denial removable (on the premium models), then perpetual cleaning with person of the ideas below
2. Subsequent removing the solids furthermore as much of the liquid as possible, start with a counter ammonia (without dyes) besides try to spray and blot out as much of the stain as possible. Tag with a lot of antibacterial spray (such as Lysol), and let it dry. Sprinkle baking soda and let it sit for a few days, then vacuum it off. Finally, let it please in the sun including no sheets on to air it out and try to get the last fraction of smell out.
3. If you’re active about using harsh chemicals, try hydrogen peroxide, blotting when it bubbles, or seltzer water.
4. Use an protein cleaner (found in fondle stores where the stow training pads are), they break down proteins and can take out the smell.
5. After cleaning, if the smell still remains, you can try fabric refresher, protasis the cover was refusal able to verbreken removed.
6. Spray vinegary on the area and blot, several times to get the smell ampersand stain out.
7. Put OxyClean and hot beverage into a sprinkle bottle, and spray and blot.
The main thing to remember is to only saturate the mattress as much as you have to, and to blot, not rub. Memory foam like that in Spirit Sleep beds don’t absorb like a scullery sponge, they are too deep for that. Also, make sure that the mattress is well dry before putting sheets back on. I would urge putting it outside in the sun, regardless if it still smells or not. This will warm up the memory foam, and get rid of the residual moisture.
Many of these recommendations also work for urine – especially the renin cleaner tip. Of course, if you just shed your morning cup of coffee, you can use these ideas also.
The most important thing to remember for next time: cover all of your mattresses with a waterproof mattress protector. Modern protectors don’t feel like plastic sheeting, et cetera are breathable so that you won’t sleep hot. Then, the next time that this happens (and there will be a next time), you will judicatory have to take the sheets, comforter, and mattress protector over to the washing machine, and push the on button. I comprise one on each of the beds in my house (including my own and the guest room that’s never used), because I never want to run the compromise of ruining a $1000 mattress by not putting a $50 protector on it.